I’ve been hairless for nearly 10 hours now, since this afternoon’s Hair for Hope event. In that time, I’ve learned that:
- Working up a shampoo lather on a shaven head is nearly impossible.
- Taking a warm shower does not help minimise heat loss from the head. The moment the warm water runs off, it is COLD.
- Head stubble is exactly like Velcro. My sweater, ID tag, beanie and bath towel all got stuck on my head at various points during the day.
- Oncologists appear hard-wired to think that anyone with a shaven head must be a cancer patient.
- There is a strange indentation at the top of my skull. I asked my mom if she’d dropped me on my head when I was a baby!